Printer will not install **HELP**

jeez 19:03 30 May 03

I'm trying to install my new samsung ML-4500 laser printer on win xp and it won't load in the drivers. When I click to install the drivers on the cd nothing happens. I've been to samsung's web site but the only drivers I could find were for win 9.x and 2000, tried the 2000 driver but it said that it could not find the information. Anyone how to make this work??? Thank's in advance for all your help.

Lú-tzé 19:08 30 May 03

I would connect the printer to the pc, reboot and see if WinXP configures it automatically - it may have the drivers built in.

If not, what format are the drivers on the CD?

jeez 19:12 30 May 03

I tried that but did not work. What do you mean - what format? (thanks for the quick reply by the way)

Lú-tzé 19:22 30 May 03

Are the drivers on the CD zipped or anything - they may need to be unzipped.

Go to control panel and then AddHardware - tell it to search for new hardware. Say yes, I have connected the hardware. Then at the bottom of the list, tell it to "add a new hardware device". Then "install the hw I select"

From then, follow instructions.

jeez 19:31 30 May 03

tried that, still no joy. I saw I review (on ebuyer) before I bought this and a guy says he's using it on xp (no e-mail though) it just refuses point blank to install

Lú-tzé 19:39 30 May 03

click here for a link to a printer driver for the ML 4500 on XP (a few lines down).

jeez 19:45 30 May 03

Thanks very much I'm sure this will be useful. Just got it though - i installed a different samsung driver for the printer, then in that printers properties selected change driver and pointed to the win2000 drivers and it worked! now that's what I call weird. Thanks a lot though for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…