Printer Trouble

retro_hood 15:12 12 Jun 08

I have a lexmark printer and uptill now it has worked fine. I have just tried to print off a word document which is purely black and white and only consists of lettering and unerlining.

When i tried to print it off, the printer seems to be working as normal but the resultant [rint is just the underlining has been printed off but in the colour red.

Any help?

Technotiger 15:18 12 Jun 08

Have you checked ink levels?

retro_hood 15:46 12 Jun 08

They are more or less full.

Ditch999 16:11 12 Jun 08

Print heads need cleaning.
Lexmarks sometimes produce black using the colour ink tank. The yellow and blue may be blocked.
Is the printer used much or is it kept in a warm room?

retro_hood 16:22 12 Jun 08

Well it was kept i a room over a course of 2-3 weeks with no air conditioning. I suppose the heat could of built up.

How do you suggest I clean ?

Technotiger 17:00 12 Jun 08

I have never had a Lexmark, but with all my Epsons the software includes checking nozzles and cleaning etc.

Right-click on your printer icon in Control Panel and then see what options are shown, or look in Printer Preferences/Maintenance or in Properties.

Technotiger 17:01 12 Jun 08

Cleaning nozzles with Epsons, usually needs a few repeat cleans until done.

Wak 17:17 12 Jun 08

When I had a Lexmark I used to hold the print head (built in to the cartridge) under a slow running hot water tap and gently stroke with an artist's small painting brush for 3 or 4 minutes then dab the print head on to a damp paper tissue.
Repeat until the three separate colours show on the tissue.
If the cartridge is used too much after being empty the heaters inside the cartridge can burn out due to the lack if ink keeping them cool.
The cartridge will therefore be electrically dead and will need replacing.
Always refill cartridges as soon as possible.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…