Printer trouble

Josquius 20:43 20 Mar 04

I've just reinstalled my printer after a year out and a reformat or too. Its a canon s300 and I use windows XP.
It isn't printing in black at all, I tried testing and the colour seems fine however there is no black at all- not even a ghost image. I checked the cartige and it seems to still have ink on the front part of it- could this be a problem with my printer or just a empty cartige which somehow has a bit of ink coming out onto a finger that touches it still.
If it is just a empty cartige can anyone answer me this-
What is the most efficient colour to print in to use the least coloured ink as my mam needs to print stuff out stuff for work then she will photocopy it into black and white (she refuses to simply take it on a disk then print it at work...)

woodchip 20:59 20 Mar 04

The first thing to try is a new cart

woodchip 21:00 20 Mar 04

If you use colour us a dark coloured one

you probably have to replace the print head if you haven't used it for a long time

Josquius 19:22 26 Mar 04

How do you go about replacing the print head?

Josquius 18:20 30 Mar 04

So...
Anyone know how to replace print heads?

wee eddie 20:56 30 Mar 04

So!

Get out the manual. It should tell you how to set up.

You will have to buy a new print head as well: - fitting instructions are likely to be included.

wee eddie 20:58 30 Mar 04

have you run the Cleaning Cycle a couple of times. This may do the trick!

wee eddie 21:00 30 Mar 04

photo copiers are frequently blind to blues

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…