Printer too good

kinger 19:20 26 Apr 04

I have a Minolta QMS 3100 laser printer which prints in three modes.... Standard, Quality and Fine.

My problem is that I don't need the high standard of quality that it produces as it wastes too much toner.

I know that there is 'Ink Saver' which saves ink when using Inkjet printers but does anyone know of a 'Toner Saver' program that will allow me to print in, say, 300 dpi instead of 600 dpi.

The drivers supplied don't allow for anything less than 600 dpi.

Hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Many thanks, Kinger!

kinger 20:26 26 Apr 04

In fact 1200 x 1200 resolution seems to be their favourite.

As I say, I only need to print 300 x 300 ... any advice most welcome.

K!

Pesala 20:54 26 Apr 04

Fine Print click here will do it if your printer driver cannot fit two pages to a sheet.

kinger 21:02 26 Apr 04

Thanks for your reply Pesala.

I do use Fine Print and I currently print a magazine using the booklet feature (four pages using two sides of an A4 sheet.

However, the print quality is fantastic.

I'd just like to lower it as it really doesn't need to be this good. Half the resolution would be fine but, as I say, the driver allows 600 or 1200 but not 300 as most others seem to.

Being able to do this would cut my toner output by half and help save the world.

wee eddie 21:14 26 Apr 04

Changing your font colour to grey

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…