Printer text size too small.

Meshuga 18:22 22 Mar 05

My Epson C62 printer is suddenly printing text too small. I printed an email message in which the text was large but the printout was small although perfect. Is there any way I can adjust the printer settings to enlarge the font. My os is Win xphome sp2.

Alan H E 18:32 22 Mar 05

Have you tried uninstalling & re-installing the drivers?

Meshuga 18:39 22 Mar 05

Alan HE, no I haven`t done anything as this has only just happened . Where would I find the drivers to remove them and would I have to reinstall from the original Epson disk?

lotvic 18:46 22 Mar 05

Before you reinstall printer drivers - double check by printing out something from Wordpad in large text.

emails will print out small, despite the size you read it in, if you have email set to 'plain text' instead of htlm.
have a nosey about in IE > tools > options >

Alan H E 18:57 22 Mar 05

If lotvic's suggestion doesn't work you can go to add/remove programs in Control Panel remove Epson prog from there or if it appears in program list there is probably an uninstall facility with the Epson entry. You would have to reinstall from the Epson cd.

Meshuga 19:01 22 Mar 05

Thanks lotvic, you said IE- tools - options. Do you mean OE as there is only internet options in IE but there is options in OE. Also HTML is ticked in OE.

Meshuga 19:05 22 Mar 05

Hi Alan HE, did as lotvic suggested by typing a message in wordpad in font size 18 and the printout was a bit smaller than that.

Alan H E 19:10 22 Mar 05

I presume every thing was OK with print & then suddenly every thing went smaller from all programs? If so can only think of the printer drivers or the printer that is common to all. Don't have Epson so cannot give any other advice.

Meshuga 19:20 22 Mar 05

Alan H E, Yes, everything was ok and it happenned suddenly. I had changed the colour cartridge before it happened and not printed anything since changing it. Do you think that could have any bearing on it. Seems unlikely but you never know with PCs. Can you come back to me on that please.

Alan H E 19:53 22 Mar 05

Never heard of cartridge change having such an effect. You could do a search at top left for Epson & see if there has been anything similar.

Alan H E 19:56 22 Mar 05

PS Have you tried drivers? Have got to leave now will check later - let us know how you get on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…