printer switch-box causes unstoppable blank pages

seligkram 14:57 08 Mar 03

I have 2 PCs connected via an automatic switch box, using fully wired male/male plugs, to a Samsung laser printer. When either PC is powered up or powered down, the printer spews out unstoppable reams of blank pages and garbled pages. This does not happen if I connect simply PC to printer. I've tried reinstalling the drivers, and swapping over the leads but no good. Is it something to do with the printer settings eg network printer/ordinary printer, or the spooler settings, or does anyone have any ideas please?

Switcher 15:46 08 Mar 03

Can't help re cause of problem but suggest "if possible" connect one PC to printer using parallel port and other using USB thus eliminating switch box.

seligkram 16:19 08 Mar 03

Thanks, switcher, I'll try this when I go to my ofice tomorrow.

Anybody else got any ideas on cause of this problem, please?

recap 16:28 08 Mar 03

seligkram, as your printer is a Laser printer is your switch a laser printer switch?

seligkram 09:05 09 Mar 03

To Recap

....is it a laser printer switch - is there a difference?

recap 10:17 09 Mar 03

seligkram, a friend of mine has a inkjet and a laser printer set up. He found that he needed a switch that could handle the laser printer. They are a little more expensive but well worth it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…