Printer stutter - Epson Stylus Photo 700

Jester2K 15:14 17 Jan 04

Bizarre problem.

Printer test prints fine and also prints alignment sheets fine but try and print a Word document and halfway down the page it will stutter and re-print a line over the top of itself but moved up or down by half a line height.

This is totally repeatable until it changes its mind and starts printing extra copies of lines half way over the page.

Its difficult to explain but it won't print a clean page without duplicating some words somewhere.

When printing from IE it inserts random page breaks too...

Any ideas apart for new drivers?

powerless 17:46 17 Jan 04

It's electronically broken (ish)?

Paper feeder on the blink...

Jester2K 17:49 17 Jan 04

Thats what we thought but every Printer Test Page prints 100% ok. Its just Word, Excel, IE etc etc etc that doesn't...

Big Elf 18:42 17 Jan 04

Change the spool settings, perhaps, from start printing immediately to print after last page has spooled or change the default data type in the print processor?

Jester2K 10:45 21 Jan 04

Right. Hooked up to Windows XP PC and all is fine. Still doesn't work on the 98 PC. So its not the printer....

Updated drivers.

Removed printers and reinstalled.

Played with the Spool Settings....

Really foxed by this one....

wildrover 11:22 21 Jan 04

Is this a parallel port printer? Is the port physically OK on the 98 PC? Have you tried changing the ECP, EPP settings in BIOS?

Jester2K 14:09 21 Jan 04

It is a Parralel Port printer. I'll have a look at the BIOS settings.

Funny thing is the Printer developed a problem right after the PC was upgraded by Time....

woodchip 14:19 21 Jan 04

Go into BIOS and make sure the LPT1 is set to ECP/EPP

Jester2K 11:04 24 Jan 04

It looks like a bizarre printer / PC combo.

The printer works fine on my XP PC.

My printer works fine on her PC (USB and LPT) but THAT printer won't work with THAT PC!!!

No amount of settings or drivers changed anything...

Oh well....

Thanks all.

Diemmess 11:54 24 Jan 04

I

Diemmess 12:06 24 Jan 04

Had almost identical problem with a 700
Having changed mobo from AT to ATX still with 98SE.

Latest drivers and phone calls - No difference.

Friend's 700 borrowed to try = exactly same fault. No reply from email to Epson (Do they ever?)

Eventually gave printer to my son with older system and it is still behaving itself normally.

Bios settings during attempt to avoid ruined prints......... "Normal" = OK but incredibly slow, involving a pause at the end of each printhead traverse........."ECP/EPP" the same fault

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…