Printer still fails to complete picture

bobbyalec 20:17 24 Jan 04

Hi - I posted a query the other day about my Epson Stylus Photo 830 failing after printing varying percentages of the full A4 sheet.
It was suggested I try a new cable - no change!
The error message comes up headed "Printers Folder" and "There was an error writing to EPUSB1: for the printer (Epson Stylus Photo 830 series) The system cannot write to the specified device."
I can't understand how it can go so far and not complete the job.
Any more ideas, guys?
Thanks in advance for help offered.

jim1947 20:37 24 Jan 04

Do you have the printer connected to a USB hub, if so is a powered hub, either way if so try connecting it straight to the PC USB port as some printers (my old Epson Stylus740 for example) don't like connection to a hub.

Gongoozler 20:40 24 Jan 04

Hi bobbyalec. It's best to keep to one thread with a problem, then we can see the history. From what you say here, I wonder if your computer has a usb problem. The last time I came across these symptoms and this error message was with a computer with the VIA MPV3 chipset that is known to have a usb problem. As a result, it sent enough data to fill the printer memory, but was unable to communicate with the printer when the remainder of the data was required.

wee eddie 21:28 24 Jan 04

The file size can produce problems, although I know little about the actual limitations.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…