printer status offline

bothy 11:54 AM 24 Mar 11

How do I change a printer status from offline to online?

gengiscant 13:25 PM 24 Mar 11

Make and model of printer would help,as would a few more details of your problem.

Sapins 14:29 PM 24 Mar 11

Control panel/printers/ right click on your printer and click use printer online.

bothy 07:44 AM 25 Mar 11

Sorry I thought the problem was straightforward to solve but after reinstalling four times I realise its not.
The printer is an HP photosmart premium fax e all in one C410 and is a couple of months old and is connected wirelessly through a new sky router.
The problem is that the printer keeps going offline with the result that a printer error flashes up on the printer screen. Sometimes under devices and printers the printer icon shows up with a yellow triangle , then it shows several icons of the same printer, or it moves the green tick to the fax machine. I have tried connecting with usb cable but that doesnt work smoothly ether.I have tried reinstalling 4 times but no luck there either. Now at a loss as to what to try.

gengiscant 09:00 AM 25 Mar 11

I too recently bought a HP printer after many years using Epson.Biggest mistake I ever made. It to is supposed to connect wirelessly but I could not get it to work consistently.

I eventually got it to work by installing nothing but the drivers, I did not install any of the many extras that come with a HP printer. This worked for a while then again started to play up so I eventually uninstalled it again making sure that I removed all traces of HP from my PC then reinstalled using the USB cable, it works but not particularly well.

Worst printer I have ever had and HP's customer service is worse than useless.
Sorry I can not be of more help.

emberto1946 13:18 PM 12 Oct 11

I concur with all that has been said above about HP printers. My first is less than 2 months old and has worked occasionally throughout that period. Fortunately I kept my old "Brother DCP-115C" after the print head failed as I can at least print B&W documents. I have tried to start again today with my printer and have noticed that the report it prints says that my Sky router is on Channel 6 whereas it was actually set to Auto Scan. I have re-set the printer (again!!!) and changed the router to channel 6 and will see hgow it goes on.

It all worked well out-of-the-box but then I went away for 2 weeks and turned my router off. Worst thing I could have done according to HP. Since I came back it has been hopeless.

I will report back if this channel change works.

ps - Been waiting over 10 days for HP to get back to me!

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 review: Hands-on with the phone which the Z3+ should have been

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Get your photos turned into illos by some of the world’s best artists

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites