printer status monitor not accessible

lindaschryver 08:56 AM 17 Feb 13

I have a new hp laptop with windows 8. My Epspon sx110 printer prints ok when connected through a usb port but I can't access the status monitor to check ink levels etc. I've downloaded the right driver from the Epson website but when I click on the printer icon I get an error message 'can't show the status monitor for this printer'.

Terry Brown 10:00 AM 17 Feb 13

Possibly it is not fully compatible with windows 8, however this is the site where you can download the full manual for your printer.

Epson Pronter sx110

Bris 11:13 AM 17 Feb 13

This is a function of the driver. Unfortunately if Epson decide not to build this facility into the driver then there isnt much you can do about it.

I dont know whether your printer is a current model, but its not beneficial to a printer manufacturer to write drivers for newer operating systems for obsolete printers as they would rather you buy a new printer so they dont seem to spend much time in building functionality into drivers for older printers.

lindaschryver 12:13 PM 17 Feb 13

thsnk you - I was already beginning to think it would be easier to buy a new printer!

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

OS X Yosemite vs Windows 10: The Mac and PC operating systems go head to head UPDATED