Printer Spooling problem

xoc 11:35 09 Mar 03

I have a HP695c printer and have set it to print after first page is spooled.
Unfortunately it persists in waiting til all pages are spooled before it starts to print.
This is no problem with one or two page print jobs but becomes a nuisance with larger quantities as uses up all memory and locks up.
Also have a problem printing from PDF folders, am told something is missing yet I have the pdf driver installed .
Any assistance out there?

AndyJ 12:05 09 Mar 03

Haven't got a HP printer, but have you got the printer data type set to RAW? On my printer there's also an additional check box under a speed sub-section entitled "always spool RAW data"

Probably won't be of any use to you at all, but thought I'd mention it.

MalcSP 12:47 09 Mar 03

It's worth checking your setting in the BIOS. Ensure that LPT1 data type is set to EPP/ECP or 'Both'. You should also load the latest driver from hp click here

xoc 14:10 10 Mar 03

Thanks to all for tips, but have discovered it was my own fault ,in that I like to print both sides of pages to minimise waste etc. and the as program in this mode prints the last page first, it waits til all pages are spooled into memory before commencing to print.
So will compromise in future by dividing the printing into smaller sections.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…