Printer Speeds

Nidan 00:36 08 Sep 05

I recently bought a new all in one printer / scanner partly on the review given in the magazine. The print speeds quoted were very good, particularly for colour pages.

However when I printed an A4 size colour photo I could get nowhere near the number of pages quoted in the review.

Having made some enquiries I have now discovered that these speeds are not measured on a full page. Can anyone tell me, or preferably show me, what sort of coverage of a page allows a printer speed to be quoted whether by the manufacturer or PC Advisor?

€dstowe 06:12 08 Sep 05

I used to be that the speeds quoted were for a 15% coverage of ink. So,, if you are printing a full page photograph, it would be nowhere near that reference speed.

These speed figure are pretty much near useless except for comparing printers and then only if all tests use the same criteria.

Most important, though, is that speed is inversely proportional to quality. If you're happy with the quality of the prints, allow the printer to print at is own speed - it's not going to take very long. If you're wanting high speed printing of photographic quality, an inkjet printer is not the thing to use.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…