Printer software problems

tobyjug2007 16:00 27 Aug 09

Hi there people, i have a brilliant working HP PSC 1510 3 in 1 printer, but no software to install it on my PC. I am running XP Professional, does anbody know where i may be able to download the installation software from...it worked fine with XP Home, but i swapped PC's to XP Professional and the same disc wont install it, any ideas people, thanks in advance

Ray

bremner 16:36 27 Aug 09

The disk must be duff as there is no reason why a program that installed on Home will not go onto Pro.

heres the link to the HP software click here

Its the second download

tobyjug2007 16:49 27 Aug 09

possible the disc is duff, i shall try again, thanks :-)

Terry Brown 16:55 29 Aug 09

If the CD is duff, you may be able to recover it with tis utility.

click here

This is the trial version (fully enabled for a limited time.

Put the CD in the drive.

Run CD Check
Select restore and where you want it, copied to (hard drive location)

The program will make multiple tries to recover data (1 byte at a time). and report any errors.

If ou geta sucessful recovery you can either burn to new CD or run the program from the hard drive.

It may help to clean te CD first with a CD cleaner or a small amount of something like flash Liquid on a cloth, and buff with a clean cloth.
Terry

bremner 11:41 30 Aug 09

Why bother when it is a free download from the HP site?

tobyjug2007 12:46 30 Aug 09

It is a free download from the HP site which i have tried, gets nearly to the finish and says there is a file missing, so their website must be flawed i suspect...baffling to say the least.

bremner 17:01 30 Aug 09

I have had no problem getting a full download from my link.

ravingdave 21:05 30 Aug 09

Anti-virus software can sometimes stop the correct installation of HP all-in-one printers. Sometimes it doesn't install at all, other times gives an error message part way through installation, and I've also had it appear to complete the install process OK, but later find some components / features are missing.

Try switching off all anti-virus software, then install the HP printer, then switch anti-virus back on. Has worked for me on several occassions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…