Printer shovijng out blanks!

haricot 14:20 30 Nov 10

Can someone be good enough to tell me why my Canon Pixma 500 Printer has started to spew out blank pages in adition to the page that I am printing off?

Thanks

compumac 14:24 30 Nov 10

What programme are you using when you print its content?

haricot 14:30 30 Nov 10

Hi there and thanks for responding.

No particular one . It happens if I just try to print anything off of the Internet for instance or any web page or whatever or from wherever.

Anything printing gives me these extra blank sheets.

It has just occurred to me ....is it anything to do with using a cheaper paper perhaps?

It has never happened before and I've used all sorts of paper in the past.

Pineman100 14:44 30 Nov 10

Are the extra blank sheets delivered *after* the intended printed page, or could they be passing through the printer underneath the printed page?

If the latter, then it's possible that your choice of paper might be to blame. But if the former, then I don't think it could be.

compumac 14:45 30 Nov 10

Do the extra sheets come out at the same time as the required one or do they follow afterwards?

compumac 15:33 30 Nov 10

Pineman100 and I both thinking the same

haricot 19:24 30 Nov 10

Thanks you two, I appreciate your respnses.

In the main they come out under the printed sheet
but it is a bit sporadic.

I agree however that it might be the paper so I'll get another ream of good quality stuff and see what happens.

Thanks again guys.

compumac 19:32 30 Nov 10

If it comes out with the expected printout then it could be that the paper, when placed in te input tray has not been put in uniformly/compactly or is it possible that the paper is a tad dampish? Again it may be the pick up rollers being mucky.

haricot 19:42 30 Nov 10

Yeah, I take your point but as I have never cleaned the rollers I'll have to figure out how to do that. But I will and thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5