Printer sharing - XP Pro and Vista

Gary Wood 18:01 23 Feb 07

I have an HP DeskJet 840c printer connected via a parallel cable to my XP Pro desktop computer. I've shared the printer and can see it on my Vista laptop. However, when I try to print, nothing happens! There are no error messages but nothing appears in the print queue on the desktop and nothing prints.

I also have an Epson printer shared on the same network and it is working fine.

Any ideas what's wrong?

Thanks,

Gary

anskyber 18:46 23 Feb 07

Something to try but no guarantee of success.

In Vista in Control Panel, Network and Sharing Center, you will see top right in small writing "View full Map"

The chances are if you check that it will show the XP machine at the bottom of the page. In other words not on the map. LLTD is required to create the map and it is installed by default in Vista.

LLTD for XP can be downloaded click here and the map will then work. This should identify if the problem is a network issue.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…