Printer sharing, xp to 2000 professional

rich549 14:07 15 Mar 05

hi,

i have recently set up an adhoc wireless network in my house between my pc running winXP and my laptop running win2000 professional using d-link dwl-122 usb wifi adaptors.

i have been able to share a broadband connection from the pc to my laptop wirelessly but i seem to be unable to printer share. My printer is an Epson Stylus C86 and is connected to my pc via usb.

would anyone be able to tell me how i could setup my laptop to print to this printer through the wireless network.

thanks.

BigMoFoT 20:11 15 Mar 05

If you share your printer on the PC it is installed on and give it a name you can remember such as 'Epson' for example.

Now on the second PC if you go to add printer and choose the 'add network printer' option and click next you should see the 'Epson' printer you have shared. You may have to double click on the name of your PC to expand the share.

The path for example would be;

\\[name of cmputer\epson

spikeychris 20:11 15 Mar 05

If you've enabled Client for Microsoft Networks on all the machines (in
Network properties), then you can simply share the printer from the computer
it's connected to.

You can share the printer by opening up Printers & Faxes, and right clicking
on the icon for the printer, selecting Sharing. Choose a name that you'll
remember (eg. make of printer, eg Epson)

On the other machine add a new printer, select Network Printer
when asked, browse to it, or the path will be
\\machinename\printername.

rich549 22:47 15 Mar 05

thaks for ya help...

ok ive tried that but now my laptop is telling me that access is denied to my pc and the printer cannot be shared because of this??

any ideas on what to do??

rich549 20:59 17 Mar 05

all sorted out now i managed to get it to work completely but im not entirely sure how i did it, i guess sumtimes gud things can come out of meddling with stuff ya shudnt lol

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…