Printer Sharing via Wireless Network

Anniemol 20:18 30 Apr 04

I have two PC's (one upstairs, one down) and as I have NTL Broadband I wanted to be able to use it on both PC's. I have bought and very succesfully set up the ActionTec Router (very impressed by the quality)and can now access the Internet etc downstairs too. So now I want to be able to share my Printer (it's upstairs) with my PC downstairs.....I run XP Pro on both PC's and would really appreciate a simple guide to show me how to do this!. I have searched on the Net and tried a few ways but none have worked.....so help!!

GaT7 00:15 02 May 04

1. Ask for help/advice: Contact ActionTec directly - click here - via their website, email or phone (local rate).

2. Tutorial: How to 'Share Your Printer Over a Home Network Using Windows XP' - click here. [To download a tutorial - click here - you'll need MS Word].

3. Troubleshooting: 'How to Troubleshoot Network Printing Problems in Windows XP' - click here. (click here - to d'load a tutorial).

Also see these related/helpful links - 1. click here - Click on the 'How Do You Make Printers Work on Your Wi-Fi Network?' link. 2. click here. 3. click here. 4. click here. 5. click here. 6. click here.

Hopefully the above will give you a start, & you can do some t'shooting of your own. In the meantime, someone knowledgeable may be around to give you specific tips & tricks to get your printer sharing up & running. Good luck, G

Anniemol 15:43 02 May 04

Hi Crossbow7
Well, I had looked on the Net and found some very complicated ways to share my printer....mostly about networking the two PC's....which I now find out from the great second article click here just wasn't needed!!
So many thanks,it was soooooo easy to do!!

Leslie-212488 19:25 27 Jul 05

tksd

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…