Printer Sharing via Wireless Network

Anniemol 20:18 30 Apr 04

I have two PC's (one upstairs, one down) and as I have NTL Broadband I wanted to be able to use it on both PC's. I have bought and very succesfully set up the ActionTec Router (very impressed by the quality)and can now access the Internet etc downstairs too. So now I want to be able to share my Printer (it's upstairs) with my PC downstairs.....I run XP Pro on both PC's and would really appreciate a simple guide to show me how to do this!. I have searched on the Net and tried a few ways but none have worked.....so help!!

GaT7 00:15 02 May 04

1. Ask for help/advice: Contact ActionTec directly - click here - via their website, email or phone (local rate).

2. Tutorial: How to 'Share Your Printer Over a Home Network Using Windows XP' - click here. [To download a tutorial - click here - you'll need MS Word].

3. Troubleshooting: 'How to Troubleshoot Network Printing Problems in Windows XP' - click here. (click here - to d'load a tutorial).

Also see these related/helpful links - 1. click here - Click on the 'How Do You Make Printers Work on Your Wi-Fi Network?' link. 2. click here. 3. click here. 4. click here. 5. click here. 6. click here.

Hopefully the above will give you a start, & you can do some t'shooting of your own. In the meantime, someone knowledgeable may be around to give you specific tips & tricks to get your printer sharing up & running. Good luck, G

Anniemol 15:43 02 May 04

Hi Crossbow7
Well, I had looked on the Net and found some very complicated ways to share my printer....mostly about networking the two PC's....which I now find out from the great second article click here just wasn't needed!!
So many thanks,it was soooooo easy to do!!

Leslie-212488 19:25 27 Jul 05

tksd

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…