Printer sharing problems

russ-rich 11:59 02 Jul 07

I have an Epson CX560 printer which is attached to a desktop which uses Windows XP. Everything works fine.
I recently purchased a laptop with Windows Vista and connected the 2 computers via Devlo home plug network system. Again, no problem at all.
However, I am trying to use the printer via my laptop which I cannot seem to do. On my desktop I did all the right things (I think) to make it a shared computer but the Vista laptop does not seem to recognise that there is a printer on the network.

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

brundle 12:00 02 Jul 07

May be the same problem described here;
click here

russ-rich 12:12 02 Jul 07

thanks Brundle but I dont even get an error message; it just says 'no printers were found'

brundle 12:17 02 Jul 07

Can you share files OK?

isca2 12:33 02 Jul 07

Have you mapped the printer to the laptop.
My Computer, Tools, Map Network Drive...
Will take the form of \\server name\sharename
Have a look at these notes......
To assign a drive letter to a network computer or folder
Open My Computer.
On the Tools menu, click Map Network Drive.
In Drive, select a drive letter.
In Folder, type the server and share name of the computer or folder you want.
Example:

\\servername\sharename.

-or-

Click Browse to find the computer or folder.

Notes

To open My Computer, click Start, and then click My Computer.
To reconnect to the mapped drive every time you log on, select the Reconnect at logon check box.
Mapped drives are available only when the host computer is available.
Network drives are assigned letters from Z to A, and local drives (your hard drive and removable storage devices) are assigned letters from A to Z.
You can assign a computer or shared folder to a different drive letter by disconnecting from the drive and then reassigning it to a new drive letter.