printer sharing problems

griffo 21:41 31 May 04

Have 2 PC's networked via a DrayTek Vigor 2600G wireless router. Internet sharing OK, File sharing OK - can't get printer sharing to work.
Base PC on W98, upstairs PC W98SE with an HP Deskjet 720C attached. Two problems:-
1. when I test printer communication from the upstairs PC to the HP720, I get an arror message saying Hpfvls06 close or ignore. I click ignore, it continues with test and says =OK.
On downstairs PC I can see the HP upstairs but when I try to print, the Hpfvls06 error message appears on the upstairs PC and downstairs says I need to install a printer! I've tried to install it again as a network printer - browse finds it, when I select it it says it's not online!!
Any ideas please folks?

Charence 21:54 31 May 04

On your Local Area Network connections in Network connections, right click > properties and check that File and Printer Sharing is enabled.

Charence

griffo 22:18 31 May 04

yes, that's all done. As stated, can file share and see printers, just can't print!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…