printer sharing problems

griffo 21:41 31 May 04

Have 2 PC's networked via a DrayTek Vigor 2600G wireless router. Internet sharing OK, File sharing OK - can't get printer sharing to work.
Base PC on W98, upstairs PC W98SE with an HP Deskjet 720C attached. Two problems:-
1. when I test printer communication from the upstairs PC to the HP720, I get an arror message saying Hpfvls06 close or ignore. I click ignore, it continues with test and says =OK.
On downstairs PC I can see the HP upstairs but when I try to print, the Hpfvls06 error message appears on the upstairs PC and downstairs says I need to install a printer! I've tried to install it again as a network printer - browse finds it, when I select it it says it's not online!!
Any ideas please folks?

Charence 21:54 31 May 04

On your Local Area Network connections in Network connections, right click > properties and check that File and Printer Sharing is enabled.

Charence

griffo 22:18 31 May 04

yes, that's all done. As stated, can file share and see printers, just can't print!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Acer Predator Triton 700 review

D&AD Awards 2017: see the best design, advertising, illustration, animation and VR of the past year

How to lose weight with an Apple Watch