Printer sharing problem with Canon mp370

fentong 15:44 13 Sep 04

I have a simple network of 2 pc's, one running ME and the other 98. I am trying to share my printer a canon mp370. It is directly connected to the ME pc via USB. It works ok on the ME pc however it shows as offline on the 98 pc eventhough I have shared it and installed the drivers on both PCs.

Can anyone help please ?

Thanks

scooby43 15:59 13 Sep 04

are you using wirless or cable for your network.

keith-236785 16:17 13 Sep 04

have you enabled file and printer sharing, (its on the properties of your network connection on the pc that the printer is connected to.

i have a mp360 connected as yours but both pc's are on winxp which i believe makes life easier, i have no problem printing to the canon fron the client, in fact i only set this up yesterday.

on the client pc, you need to add printer and then choose NETWORK printer connected to another pc, from the window that opens, choose the canon (its the only one there on my system), the rest is automatically done (unless win98 is different).

does your network work ok, can you access the internet from the client pc? i had real trouble setting it up to work but now it seems to be happy and is working ok.

good luck

fentong 16:29 13 Sep 04

The network is wired in answer to scooby32.

In answer to paperman27 I have already done the things you suggest i.e

File and Print sharing is enabled.
The printer is shared and has been added successfully on the client. However it shows as offline.
I do not use the client for internet so I have not set it up for that. I use the client just for sharing files and hopefully the printer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…