Printer Sharing Problem

McTedo 17:54 06 Feb 06

I have setup a Wireless Network in the house, and am looking to share an Epson CX6600 Multifunction printer over the network. It is connected to MAPA.

I have accessed the properties window, enabled sharing, and given it a name. [Epson CX6600]

On the other main PC (Athlon), I have entered the Printers and Faxes folder, chosen add printer, add network printer, search for a printer, selected Epson CX6600, finished the install and set it as default. However, when attempting to print to the Epson, the document [here a word file with black text], sends to MAPA, goes into the Printer Queue, the status is shown as "Printing", yet nothing comes out of the printer. The Epson Status Monitor does not run on either PC, the drivers are installed on both PC's, and the document never leaves the Printing queue, it is always shown as "Printing".

Both computers are running XP Pro over an Encrypted Wireless Network, have had the Home Network Setup wizard run on them, have Windows File and Printer Sharing enabled and as an exception in Windows Firewall, and I have completed the Printer & Networking Troubleshooting wizards to no avail.

The Printer is connected to MAPA via USB.

Any help gratefully appreciated.

McTedo 18:07 06 Feb 06

Just noticed, nothing else below that document in the print queue will print until that document is deleted.

madPentium 22:01 06 Feb 06

well I dont know if it makes any odds, but I usually go about it a totally different way.
I go into windows explorer, right click on my
network places and select explore. I then go through the network until I see the printer I'm interested in. I then right click on it, and select CONNECT. I say YES to use the driver and away it goes. This way ensures there are no security issues to handle, because otherwise it wont let you connect to it.

freaky 15:34 07 Feb 06

Had a similar problem on my home network - problem was caused by the Norton Firewall.

If I temporarily disable the Firewall, then it is OK.

McTedo 19:11 07 Feb 06

We don't have seperate Firewall software running, apart from Windows Firewall and the Firewall that protects us from hackers on the internet in our Wireless Router...

McTedo 19:32 07 Feb 06

The "Connect" method failed too.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced