//some 3rd party need geo

Printer Sharing over Wireless

Oscar600 23:45 22 Sep 04

I'm sorry as this has undoubtedly been asked before, but if someone could explain in simple terms I'd be very grateful.

I have the following set up - Desktop PC with USB connected HP printer, connected to Ethernet connection on Wireless Modem/Router which in turn is connected to the phone line for ADSL. My wife's laptop connects wirelessly to the router which works fine for internet sharing.

I would like to be able to share the printer with my wife's laptop. I have enabled the printer for sharing on my computer, but when I try to find it from the laptop all I get is 'Windows network' under available printers and I can get no further. What should I be doing?

Both computers run Windows XP(SP2), Norton AntiVirus and Norton Personal Firewall.

Thank you in anticipation

Jeffers22 00:02 23 Sep 04

You need to add the printer on the laptop and follow instructions/wizard. You may need to install drivers too.

Start | Control Panel | PRinters | add a ptinter

Oscar600 00:49 23 Sep 04

Thanks for the reply, but that's the route I've taken to get to the Microsoft Windows Network screen which is what comes up when I browse for a printer.

Is it possible to specify the address of the printer and if so what format is it in?

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…