printer sharing

hgrock 10:12 18 Apr 03

i have ntl broadband, cable from ntl box to linksy router 1 pc connected to router via nic card, laptop to router also via nic. i can log unto the net without having to switch on the other pc anyone will work on it's own.
i want to be able to print from the laptop, the printer is on the other pc, as this is not really a network how can i share the printer

DieSse 10:25 18 Apr 03

Yes, this is really a network. To share the printer, you need to set "file and printer sharing" in the system with the printer (in the network settings) - then set the printer to "shared" (right click on the printer icon in the printer folder) - then install the printer on the laptop as a network printer.

The exact procedures vary with the operating system, but are not terribly hard to follow in either case.

hgrock 08:44 19 Apr 03

the reason i said it was not really a network is neither pc can see the other, i did not configure the networking and did turn off file and print sharing for security, so i gathered from your reply i will first have to run the network wizzard then share the printer, thanks for your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…