printer sharing

hgrock 10:12 18 Apr 03

i have ntl broadband, cable from ntl box to linksy router 1 pc connected to router via nic card, laptop to router also via nic. i can log unto the net without having to switch on the other pc anyone will work on it's own.
i want to be able to print from the laptop, the printer is on the other pc, as this is not really a network how can i share the printer

DieSse 10:25 18 Apr 03

Yes, this is really a network. To share the printer, you need to set "file and printer sharing" in the system with the printer (in the network settings) - then set the printer to "shared" (right click on the printer icon in the printer folder) - then install the printer on the laptop as a network printer.

The exact procedures vary with the operating system, but are not terribly hard to follow in either case.

hgrock 08:44 19 Apr 03

the reason i said it was not really a network is neither pc can see the other, i did not configure the networking and did turn off file and print sharing for security, so i gathered from your reply i will first have to run the network wizzard then share the printer, thanks for your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Acer Predator Triton 700 review

D&AD Awards 2017: see the best design, advertising, illustration, animation and VR of the past year

How to lose weight with an Apple Watch