printer sharing

mags65 16:37 28 Dec 06

how do i share a printer on a home network. I have it connected and working on the main computer but how do i manage to print docs from the laptop or the other desktop that are both connected wirelessly.do i need to install the printer software in each computer and do i need to connect the actual printer to each via usb to start with cos when i tried installing the software on the laptop it told me to connect the printer and wouldn't finish the inatallation unless i did this.

Ashrich 20:05 28 Dec 06

Do you have the two Networked already ? If so , and you have file and print sharing loaded as well just try adding a printer via Start/settings/printers and faxes , add printer and find the printer through the Network , it will add it as a network printer , if you need to add the software it will ask for it .

Ashley

Ashrich 20:07 28 Dec 06

Forgot to add , you will have to have the PC running that the printer is connected to before you can print wirelessly .

Ashley

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…