printer sharing

kimosabi 16:08 10 Oct 06

Hi Guys
I am getting lost on trying to set up a home network.I have a desktop which is connected to the internet cable broadband wired via my belkin wireless router my laptop of course is wireless both on winxp. I want to share my printer which is connected to my desktop.I have setup my desktop for a home network now what do I do on the laptop.I tried to follow the setup instructions but when I try to print from my laptop I get a message printer not connected although I can print from my desktop the printer shows a hand on both.What am I doing wrong!!!! I hope I have explained this correctly any help would be appriciated
regards
kimo
kimo

Technotiger 16:21 10 Oct 06

Hi, have you used the Wireless Network Setup Wizard in Control Panel? That is how I setup my printer to share with laptop wirelessly?

Cheers

kimosabi 16:34 10 Oct 06

Hi Technotiger
Yes I have tried the setups on both computers but have had not luck yet I have found some help in the search for printer sharing I'll have a read of them to see what help is there.Thanks for your reply
regards
kimo

Technotiger 16:38 10 Oct 06

Another thought - what printer are you using, I believe some makes/printers are not compatible with sharing.

Cheers

kimosabi 15:33 11 Oct 06

Hi technotiger
Still no luck my priner is a EPSON D88 got it last week
cheers
kimo

Strawballs 16:07 11 Oct 06

If the wireless side is working then its the network wizard you need to run on both machines not the wireless one and have you tried dissableing all firewalls to rule that out.

kimosabi 21:05 11 Oct 06

HI Technotiger and stawballs
I downloaded Network magic a free download run it on both compters it done it all for me great little prog for anyone with the same problem (but I am sure it was the firewall) that was causing the prob in the first place it ask me to switch it off more or less now everything is fine.Thanks for your imput as always you guys are great.
kind regards
kimo

terryf 21:07 11 Oct 06

Hope that you are not now running with firewall off unless router has a firewall

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced