Printer sharing

loopyloo 16:22 24 May 06

How do I share a printer between desktop and laptop. I have tried clicking on the printer I want to share and select sharing but nothing happens. I doesn't appear in my network places on either computer.

ade.h 16:37 24 May 06

It's very easy!

But you are only doing half the job. The next step - having made the printer shareable (if that's a real word) on the client to which it is connected - is to open the Printers and faxes folder on the other clients. Select "Add a Printer" from the task pane. Click Next. Select the "network printer" radio button. Leave it set to "browse for printer" and click Next. Your shared printer will appear (firewalls permitting; yes, them again!) and you can select it and click Next. Complete the wizard and you're done.

ade.h 16:38 24 May 06

Be sure to keep the first client switched on at this time. In my experience, the printer itself does not have to be powered up, but its host will.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…