Printer sharing

Gibbons 10:51 08 Jan 06

How do i share a printer on a LAN connection? I am currently only sharing an internet connection between two computer and want to share a printer as well. Any help?

ICF 11:01 08 Jan 06

Control panel,printer and other hadrware,printers and faxes,right click on printer installed icon select sharing,tick share this printer.

Gibbons 11:19 08 Jan 06

ok ive done that, but how do i print documents off from other computers on the network

ICF 11:28 08 Jan 06

Control panel,printer and other hadrware,printers and faxes,select file from the top drop down menus then select add printer and you should see your printer select it.

ICF 11:29 08 Jan 06

Forgot to say the above is done on the other computer on the network ie not the computer you have the printer connected to.

Gibbons 11:31 08 Jan 06

when i try to do that it doesn't dectect a printer when i select browse for a printer.

Gibbons 11:32 08 Jan 06

oh no, it does dectect the network but when i click it on it it says you need to specify a valid printer name, i tried typing the name of the printer (hp psc 1200 series) but it wont except that.

ICF 18:56 08 Jan 06

Sorry I've been out.
Right I have just installed a network printer on my son's computer.

Control panel,printer and other hardware,printers and faxes,select add printer from menu on the left.The wizard pops up and click next.Select A network printer,or a printer attached to another computer.Click next.Select Browse for a printer.Click next.It then should search for your network.Click on your network and your printer should come up.Select this printer then it should say it's gong to install a driver let it do it and that should be it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac