Printer setup problem with Epsom R300

Catastrophe 14:09 20 Jul 05

After many months faultless use I am experiencing a problem with my Epsom Stylus Photo R300.

On computer 1 I can print the nozzle check without difficulty but it will not print from Word. It gives the error messsage:

Windows cannot print due to problem with the current printer setup. Try one or more of the following:

* Check the printer by printing a test page from Windows. (It will not print from Word).

* Make sure the printer is turned on and online. (Clearly it is).

* Reinstall the printer driver. (Have done).

I tried it out on computer 2 with absolutely no problem. Printed 4.29 MB photos immediately.

Computer 1 is on Win98SE (but it was working perfectly) and Computer 2 is on Win XP Home.

Any ideas please?

:)

Stuartli 14:19 20 Jul 05

It might require a different driver with XP.

Happy Soul 14:31 20 Jul 05

There are new drivers for the R300 and other software which came with it. click here

jack 20:06 20 Jul 05

As advised there are revised drivers for this machine. so give that a go.

How ever I suspect there is also a firmware problem with some versions of the printer.
My machine after about 18 months of faultless service also gave up printing.
I E-Mailed Epson who replied immediately andsuggested all the things previoulsy mentioned on this site.That was June 4th, A Saturday
On Monday the 6th- I was E-mail from another department entirely - who having given a long spiels anout how rarely the machines fail- offered as my machine was out of warranty- to replace it for a token fee of £45. To this I agreed.
Thursday 9th a Telephone call asking if I was still interested. I said yes please- So the guy said pack the machine up sans paper carrier, carts and leads- and he then asked for my Credit card details.
Fri 10th - 9am - Fed Express at the door with a large Epson box and a request for the returning item.
Good old Epson sez me but that also suggests something is oop choock.
That £45 fee - that is what many box shifters charge for overnight delivery isn't it?

Catastrophe 08:47 21 Jul 05

Thanks for your input. I removed and reinstalled the driver AGAIN and this time it worked!

:)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…