printer setup on home network

Chris-238213 14:39 16 Oct 05

I have an XP desktop and ADSL modem/router for broadband access. Connected to the router is a second Windows 98 SE PC which shares the broadband access. This Win 98 PC has a Epson C44 printer attached and I want to be able to send print jobs to this printer from the XP machine. The C44 has been set up for sharing but when I try and add new printer on home network on the XP machine I get the following message 'The server for the Epson stylus C44 series printer does not have the correct driver installed'. Do I need to put an XP driver on the Win 98 machine?
Any help would be much appreciated

Taff36 16:46 16 Oct 05

Temporarily set up the printer on the XP Machine. Insert the disc supplied which and then connect the printer when told or reboot the computer with the printer connected. Move it back to the original machine. Now go to add printer and browse to the printer on the 98 machine. There is another way but this is the easiest.

Chris-238213 17:49 17 Oct 05

Thank you Taff36, now working OK

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…