Printer and Scanner sulking !!!!!

Garden nome 17:34 16 Aug 10

Hi you Wizards.
I have an Epson R300 Printer and an Epson 3490 Photo Scanner installed on my PC (XP Pro).
Until last Saturday everything has been working first class.
When I scan a photo it goes onto My Pictures folder, then when I try to open the file to print the photo I receive a message as follows, "The file does not have a Program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Folders Option control panel"
I will be greatly appreciative if someone can offer a solution.
I haven't downloaded or installed any Program for months.
Many thanks and kind regards,
Garden Nome

rawprawn 18:33 16 Aug 10

System Restore? to before your problem.

PalaeoBill 20:33 16 Aug 10

It may be that you have changed something in your scanner settings, such that your pictures are being saved in a different file format. My scanner regularly changes from .jpg to .pdf for no apparent reason. What file extension does the picture have that is being created in your 'My Pictures' folder.

To see file extensions if they are hidden:

Tools->Folder Options->View->
Scroll down to the check box labelled "Hide extensions for known file type", and remove the tick from the check box.

To see what program has been associated with a specific file type:

Tools->Folder Options->File Types->
Scroll down to the file type and left click on it, you will then have the option to change the program association.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…