Printer recommendations

MikeyS 09:21 23 Feb 03

I'm looking to buy a reasonably priced photo quality printer. Maximum size of printed output will be A4 size. Any recommendations?

MAJ 09:30 23 Feb 03

Don't know what your budget is, MikeyS, but I bought a HP Photosmart 7350 recently for £180 and it's absolutely fantastic, it has an integrated 6 card memory reader as well, so you don't need the PC if you use Memory Sticks, Smartmedia cards, etc. in your digital camera. It might even be a little cheaper now. Seriously recommend it.

MikeyS 09:34 23 Feb 03

Price sounds about right - I had set a £200 ceiling. Thanks MAJ

MAJ 09:45 23 Feb 03

MikeyS, check out PC Advisors Top 10 charts, you might see something in there also.

Goldcroft 09:49 23 Feb 03

Don't forget to check out cost of ink cartridges. Printing pics is going to sonsume a lot of ink and could be more important than printer cost.

Mark-it 10:15 23 Feb 03

I am not sure if you budget is ok also for this one but believe or not for less than 500Euros it is a fantastic photo printer!!

AndySD 10:19 23 Feb 03

Go for Epson...their photo printers are the best in the price range.... but with the printer optimised for photo quality the standard printing suffers a little

spuds 12:15 23 Feb 03

Would suggest that you do a Google search, when you have a printer model in mind.Running cost of cartridges can make all the difference on your final selection.Google should come up with some reviews.

Rayuk 12:41 23 Feb 03

Epson 925 [at Dabs £199]new price down from about £235.

MAJ 12:47 23 Feb 03

Not trying to put you off any particular printer, MikeyS, but be aware that the print heads on an Epson are on the printer, while most others have them on the cartridge. Epsons can (stress, can) have problems with blocked print heads after a while.

Gizmo 12:52 23 Feb 03

I have the Canon S820 the print quality for photos are brilliant, and it doesn’t use those chipped cartridges, but shop around for the best price I got mine for £150

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos