Printer recommendation

I expect this is a regular question but I will ask again as new models are always coming out. Basically, I need a colour printer. I already have a black & white as I print a load of work docs so I intend to use that along side the new colour printer. This colour one needs to take A4 size paper and not drink to much ink!! I am looking to spend around £50-£70. Any recommendations and links would be appreciated. Thanks.

spuds 19:07 29 Dec 05

I use HP, Epson and Lexmark printers. All seem to have their good and bad points.Lexmark, heavy on ink,Epson far cheaper.HP depends on model. A number of postings recently, have suggested that Canon are well worth considering, and reviews seem to offer favourable results.

So it seems we can narrow it down between HP and Canon!?

palinka 19:24 29 Dec 05

I would steer clear of Epson; Canon do a very good job and are cheaper to run (ie cost of inks).This based on my experience of my own Canon and a friend's Epson. Check out the running costs of any that interest you. Go for something with 4 separate inks rather than one where 3 colours are in a single cartridge; that way you can replace a single colour if it runs out before the others do. And also check that there is an option to print black using ONLY the black cartridge - by default most (all?) colour printers print black using a mix of the colours, it's much better to use just the black cartridge for this.

jakimo 20:44 29 Dec 05

Having personally bought 7 Epson printers over the years,I would recommend the Epson "R" range,which has 6 independent ink cartridges, is reliable,and produces very good photo prints

I did buy a R200 which went faulty so I am not too keen or buying another.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…