Printer question

Al94 14:31 16 Jan 04

Have attached an H P 940C to a wireless network using a wireless print server. Am I right in thinking that the printer can not be connected via parallel cable from the centronics port to the server AND via USB to nearby desk top at the same time. Reason for trying is that obviously larger print jobs would print quicker firectly via USB rather that wirelessly. I have tried but wont print via USB when printer connected to the server. OS all Windows XP Home

Al94 20:27 16 Jan 04

anyone help on this please?

woodchip 20:37 16 Jan 04

Just my thoughts as no one as been able to give a response. I would say that if you have two directions that the comp can send info to the printer it cannot as it's like me confused, so I would say you will not get it to work like that.

DieSse 22:42 16 Jan 04

"obviously larger print jobs would print quicker firectly via USB rather that wirelessly"

It doesn't sound obviuos to me - in fact I would have thought both technologies can supply data far faster than a printer can print.

DieSse 22:42 16 Jan 04

"obviously larger print jobs would print quicker firectly via USB rather that wirelessly"

It doesn't sound obviuos to me - in fact I would have thought both technologies can supply data far faster than a printer can print.

Al94 22:48 16 Jan 04

The "obvious" related to the fact that the documentation for my Netgear wireless print server states that documents large that 64KB may print slowly or not at all!!!

After a frustrating day, I think I'll go back to my old set up where I could print easily wirelessly from my laptop provided the desktop linked to the printer is switched on.

I got it working but painfully slow to print even on small word docs and sometimes alternative lines grey rather than black!!

DieSse 23:09 16 Jan 04

A print server of any kind that has such (non-obvious) restrictions, sounds about as useful as a chocolate teapot. I'd be tempted to take it back as "not fit for purpose".

Al94 08:39 17 Jan 04

You're right there, I bought it on ebay so I think I'll sell it on!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…