printer produces blank sheet prior to printing

NEILSTU 09:31 12 Feb 05

I am using XP SP2 with an HP deskjet 6540 printer. When I go to FILE / PRINT the printer churns out a blank sheet before producing the printed sheet(s). I can circumvent this by more details on the print instructions but this takes a little longer. Any ideas guys ?

wiz-king 09:52 12 Feb 05

Are you sure that it is not producing it 'after' but in reverse order? check on print preview that you havent got two pages. My hp printer prints the last page first so that you only have to turn the whole stack over not each page. Clever or what!

wiz-king 14:15 12 Feb 05

If you are useing Word the go to print preview to see if you have a blank second sheet, if you have then put your cusor after the last bit of text that you want to print and keep pressing delete until the blank page goes away. Or use the 'show/hide' icon on the Word toolbar (looks like a letter P printed backwards)this will show you all your tabs and carriage returns etc, make sure that you havent got any on the blank page, if you have then delete them and the page will go away.
Hope this helps.

Stuartli 14:42 12 Feb 05

As wiz-king points out, this usually happens because you have enabled a blank page in Word or similar word processor and the printer naturally goes through the motions.

At least you don't waste a sheet of paper...:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…