//some 3rd party need geo

Printer probs - Epson C44

montyburns 22:33 18 Dec 03

We have an Epson Stylus C44 Plus, which we've only had about 4 months max - bought to replace a C42 which went toes up after it sucked the whole stack of paper through and wrecked the carriage...

This one is not a lot better, as it often takes two or three sheets through at a time.

However it's now given up altogether. The carriage thingey goes a few inches across then whirrs and bangs and stuff, but doesn't go any further or anywhere else come to that - and certainly doesn't print. It's almost like it's "out of gear" .....

I know these things aren't up to much, and it only cost £25 on special offer from PCWorld, but 4 months....?

Are there any gurus out there with tips on where to whack it or whatever? (I could take it back to PCW but can't find the receipt....)

Cheers

sil_ver 23:03 18 Dec 03

Try getting in touch with Epson directly as you are more likely to get a quicker response than going thru' PCWorld even if you haven't a receipt

DAG88 23:04 18 Dec 03

strange its happened on 2 printers.

try using different paper, could be the problem

stlucia 12:46 19 Dec 03

... or is the printer in a damp (which might make the sheets stick together) or cold (which might harden the rubber of the paper-feed rollers) environment?

Sheila-214876 13:10 19 Dec 03

The "Plus" on the end of C44 means it is only sold by PC World. All other C44s are UX. I had an Epson C40 Plus (which I bought secondhand) that developed the same problem and I rang Epson. They immediately sent me a replacement (which arrived 2 days later) and took the old one away. Had no problems since. Check out the Epson website and give them a call. click here

montyburns 19:07 19 Dec 03

Thanks for the advice here (especially the fact that we might be able to get a replacement!)

I will contact Epson right now and see what they have to say!

Cheers!

uncle eric 08:08 23 Dec 04

My C44 is just over 12mths old and has started to suck through paper as described.

Is there a fix ?

jack 09:26 23 Dec 04

Lesson for 2005
Cheap Printers are C-H-E-A-P
You get what you pay for

Seasonings gobbling to you all

j

pj123 10:42 23 Dec 04

I would have thought this thread has been solved by now. After all it's over year old!

montyburns 18:35 23 Dec 04

Oops!

Yes, it has sort of been resolved but I hadn't ticked it as resolved had I!

Turned out that one of the cartridges was out of ink, and therefore, even though the other one wasn't, the printer wouldn't work.

Got fed up of this in the end and reverted to an old Stylus Colour 800 - at least this one hasn't got chipped cartridges, so you can either carry on using black ink when the colour has gone, use the colour when the black has gone, or even, heaven forbid, refill the cartridges!

Dave

pj123 10:19 24 Dec 04

Glad you got something sorted. Don't forget to tick it though, please.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…