Printer problems when running out of disk space

Chipman 10:09 08 Oct 03

Is it possible to alter which drive printer jobs go to? I am still using Win 98SE and my C drive is almost full. I have space on other drives.

MichelleC 11:13 08 Oct 03

It depends on your printer prog. Which one?

BTW it's best to not go too low on hd space. I allow down to 10% before I start clearing out.

Chipman 13:59 08 Oct 03

I am using Win98se with an HP Deskjet 690c printer. The problem arises when I try to print photos from JASC Photo Album, I then get a message saying there is insufficient space on drive C.
I know I should clear stuff off my C drive, but the problem I have is that I can't work out which applications are taking up so much space. Is there an easy way to find this out? I don't want to reformat if I can help it.

MichelleC 15:41 08 Oct 03

Go to explorer, navigate to 'c' drive and right-click on folders/properties, and this should tell you the size. Then you can click and drag the data to another hd (it may copy in which case you can then delete the one in 'c' after [but check it's copied 1st]). Once you've finished it's best to defrag to re-sort data.

woodchip 15:45 08 Oct 03

Go to start settings/printers/ right click on the printer you use properties/Details/Spool Settings click on print direct to printer see if that will do it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…