Printer Problems

firenza 23:22 06 Feb 03

I have a Lexmark 1000 colorjet printer. On .jpeg, .bmp, .html, and e-mail files it will only print 1 or 2% of job then lock up with an 'offline' alert. .txt, .doc, and .rtf files will print ok. I have tried another printer which does the same, changed cable, disconnected and de-installed scanner, de-installed and re-installed printer driver all to no avail. Virus maybe? please help as this fault is getting to me. I am using windows 95.

woodchip 23:27 06 Feb 03

That may be your Prob Win95, not Compatible with modern Drivers, Get this then you can run USB with a PCI card click here

LastChip 23:28 06 Feb 03

Go to Control Panel; Printers. Right click the icon and select Properties; Details. Select Spool Settings; RAW.

See if that helps.

firenza 23:04 09 Feb 03

Thanks Lastchip bit the RAW setting does not make any difference. Also to woodchip I should have said that the printer has worked happily for 3 years with win 95 and the problem first started whilst printing an e-mail hence my question could this be a virus.

woodchip 19:17 10 Feb 03

Look's like a format reinstall job

firenza 22:24 06 Mar 03

Problem Solved! Printer head ribbon faulty. This didn't come to light when I changed printer as spare printer had same fault on it & I wasn't told when printer was given to me. So new printer solved problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…