Printer problems

Big Nate 13:18 26 Dec 11

My printer has suddenly died! (HP Officejet J4540). When I try to print I receive a message that my printer is either off-line or disconnected. I achecked the USB cable several times and it seems to have a solid connection. I have turned the unit on and off several times hoping it could possibly reset itself. But that was unsuccessful. I have uninstalled and re-installed the software. Am I missing a setting somewhere? Something that is disabled, that should be enabled, that somehow the settimg was changed. Thanks for the advice!

ICF 13:29 26 Dec 11

Try another cable or usb socket. Reinstall printer driver.

northumbria61 21:45 27 Dec 11

Have a look here to see if anything to help enter link description here

Ian in Northampton 12:07 28 Dec 11

Are you sure it is still set as your default printer, and the setting hasn't got accidentally changed?

onionskin 00:43 29 Dec 11

Reminds me of the time I plugged the USB cable into the network socket on my printer.

Ian in Northampton 09:25 29 Dec 11

Onionskin: or the time (a long time ago) when I plugged my modem cable into the LAN socket on my PC. That took a lot of troubleshooting....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…