Printer problems

charlton200 09:20 26 May 09

I have a HP F380 all in one printer. This stopped working 2 days ago. I have unistalled it and tried to reinstall it again but it didn't work.
I uninstalled again using an add and remove program and than put the disc in again to install and it only has the uninstall option and when I click this nothing happens.Everything is gone but it won't let me install so there must be files left so how do I get rid of those please?

gengiscant 10:51 26 May 09

This may help.
click here

howard64 10:52 26 May 09

try starting in safe mode or you could check - start - run - msconfig - startup - then see if the printer is shown as coming on at startup. If it is the list take the tick out of the left hand box and restart. Once the prog is not running you should be able to uninstall and then start again.

charlton200 10:35 27 May 09

Hi again
I fixed my printer yesterday I think by putting the usb in a different port, when I say I think its because I was trying so many things in the 8 hrs it took me to fix it that I was getting hot and confused.
You can understand my dismay when today its not working again; I think it's installed correctly but its not reading from the usb to the printer port somehow.
Before I tear my hair out and throw it out the bedroom window I'd thought I'd ask you good people again if you have any more ideas.

Thanks in advance.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…