printer problems

Gem 09:22 17 Mar 07

This is, but at the same time isn't a printer problem.
I have an HP DeskJet 930C printer, which I've had for many years, and have never had any problems with.
Since using it with my 'new' computer though (I bought it about 6 months ago) I have not been able to 'find' the same options when trying to print photos.
I do not get the same options when trying to choose the type of photo paper I'm using, and the same goes for when I try to select size. As a result, the photo quality has gone down hill.
Any ideas why this might be happening?
The printer itself is working fine, apart from these photo options.
Thanks.

Diodorus Siculus 09:30 17 Mar 07

When you installed it on the new PC, di you use the disk that came with it or let the new os auto find it? I found that by letting XP install drivers for my 930C, a lot of options are not available - I downloaded drivers from HP.com for it and that gave me the options again.

Gem 09:32 17 Mar 07

You know, I can't remember how I did it. It's been a while. I wonder, though, if that's what it is.
Instead of looking on hp.com, would I be able to just put in the disk that came with the printer? If not, what do I look for on hp.com? I'm not great at this stuff. :o)

Diodorus Siculus 09:43 17 Mar 07

You can always try the printer disk although it may not be sufficiently up to date.

click here for drivers from hp.com

wee eddie 09:56 17 Mar 07

You're running a pre-XP Printer without suitable drivers.

Gem 10:52 17 Mar 07

I just downloaded the 'Full Feature Driver' for my printer from hp.com, but nothing has changed when it comes down to the printing options.
What else could it be?

Gem 10:59 17 Mar 07

Should I download the HP Photosmart Essential software, too?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…