Printer Problems

Genius1 10:32 21 Mar 06

My HP psc 1210 multifunction printer (2.5 years old) has developed the habit of producing smudged horizontal lines across the page when printing in black. This happens quite often, in about two places in a document. I have cleaned the print cartridges, what else could I do - or is the printer on its way out? Thanks in advance.

spuds 11:08 21 Mar 06

You could try click here

fazer 12:53 21 Mar 06

If the smudging happens in the same place every time then it suggests that the problem is mechanical - check that all the paper rollers are free of dirt, old ink and dust and that they move freely. To help movement,use a small paintbrush to apply a (very) small of WD40 around the spindle.

DamianScott 13:06 21 Mar 06

It could be a build up of ink around the nozzles of the printer. Try running an inkjet cleaning sheet through the printer, or give the nozzles a good wash in IPA (isopropyl alcohol).

Good luck.

Damian

Looking for computer spares? click here

jack 14:58 21 Mar 06

Some printers have a waste ink tank- where overflow and that used in clean processes drains to.
This in time will top up and need cleaning out.
Does this apply to you particular model?
Spuds suggestion may have an answer.

woodchip 15:08 21 Mar 06

See if you can clean round the rest position pads these will spread ink all over if they get full and messed up

Genius1 17:52 21 Mar 06

Thanks everyone, I'll have a look at your suggestions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…