Printer problems

The skull 13:43 17 Apr 05

I have an HP all-in -one 1110 printer.I have two problems with it.
1) Everytime I try to print I get the following:
A run time error occured. Do you wish yo debug?
2) The printer will copy without any difficulty but will not scan. I have uninstalled and reinstalled a number of times but it makes no difference. My computer is an HP Pavilion and my OS is Windows 98.
Can anyone suggest a remedy?

Wak 13:47 17 Apr 05

Hi, when an All-in-one printer scans it has to be directed to a graphic program so that it can reproduce the image.
Did you remember to do that???
Just a thought!

The skull 08:30 18 Apr 05

Thanks for the reply, how is the printer directed to a graphic program. What do I have to do to direct it\?

Wak 09:04 18 Apr 05

I have a Lexmark X75 and when I go to the All-in-one Panel, next to the SCAN button it says "Send Scanned Image to:-". You then have the opportunity to choose (Browse) which program(s) to send the image to (Graphic, Word processing, etc.).
I would have thought that other printers had a similar system otherwise they scan the image and don't do anything with it.
Hope this helps.

DieSse 10:29 18 Apr 05

HP software has built-in facilities for handling graphics - ie it's own embedded imaging software. I often do scans without using an external program.

You say - "will not scan" - but can you describe exactly how you re tring to scan, and exactly what happens.

The skull 13:23 18 Apr 05

The all-in-one will copy but will not scan. I click on the icon for scanning but nothing happens. I have emailed HP and they suggest downloading items from the internet. The time it takes to do this is measured in hours so I don't download.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…