printer problems

castiel333 13:25 04 Oct 04

Ive just installed my first printer and when I try to print something it goes to a print queue but nothing comes out of the printer. could someone please tell me how I can make it print from the queue?

JonnyTub 13:26 04 Oct 04

what kind of printer?

castiel333 13:28 04 Oct 04

Its an epsom stylus

JonnyTub 13:30 04 Oct 04

you need to set the printer to print from whichever port it's plugged into rather than the print to file option, go to device manager, double click on printers and faxes, right click on the printer icon and select properties, click on the port tab and put a tick in the correct box, mine is plugged into the usb port so a tick is placed in the usb0001 box.

wallbash 13:30 04 Oct 04

After installing drivers, you ran the test page?

So is it the test page that did not print

castiel333 13:34 04 Oct 04

Thanks for your postings i'll try that jonnytub to you wallbash I can print a test page

JonnyTub 13:34 04 Oct 04

Even a test page won't print if it's set up to print to file.

JonnyTub 13:35 04 Oct 04

There's no need, if you can print a test page, then that's not your problem. (although as ever it's worth checking)

€dstowe 13:38 04 Oct 04

Printers are VERY fussy about having their software and drivers installed EXACTLY how it states in the instructions, Epson printers particularly so.

Effects such as you are experiencing are sometimes due to the hardware (printer) being plugged in at the wrong time and then Windows tries to find unsuitable software for it.

I would suggest that you disconnect the printer, go to Printers and Faxes via the start menu and delete the printer and all reference to it then re-install, following the instructions to the letter especially at what stage to plug the printer into the computer.

castiel333 13:40 04 Oct 04

I think its a test page im printing im not sure it prints out symbols

castiel333 13:41 04 Oct 04

thank you very much for your posting Edstowe Ill try that

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…