printer problems

drdeath 14:06 22 Jun 04

please help, have just bought a 2nd hand pc, but im unable to config the printer, the computer recognises there is a printer installed, but the software disk i had with printer, keeps crashing at the beggining of setup, i have tried installing the correct drivers, but nothing seems to work, any ideas thank you..

Djohn 14:13 22 Jun 04

A little more information please. Make of PC and printer make/model. Operating system and what type of connection from printer to PC? Thanks. j.

drdeath 14:38 22 Jun 04

sorry windows 98, usb port, my pc is dell 200 mhz 64 ram, printer is lexmark z601

malgall 15:00 22 Jun 04

i know there were problems with win 98 and USB

do you have anything else that uses USB port

drdeath 15:07 22 Jun 04

mouse is in a usb port, have tried moving the printer cable, to another usb on machine, but still same result

malgall 15:10 22 Jun 04

drivers have you tried downloading the latest
drivers from lexmark.

or checking with microsoft for anyone else who has had the same trouble.

wee eddie 17:32 22 Jun 04

If the lexmark z601 was designed for XP, it may not function on such an early USB Port.

If I remember rightly the first incarnation of USB was superseded quite quickly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…