printer problems

musiclady 19:21 02 Jun 04

it will not detect my usb for my epsom printer, done numerous reinstalls

Rayuk 19:23 02 Jun 04

You have installed software before plugging the printer in?

Rayuk 19:24 02 Jun 04

ps
Is usb enabled in the bios.
What os are you using?

hugh-265156 19:25 02 Jun 04

as above leave the printer usb unplugged and the printer switched off.

start to install the drivers and connect it and turn on when asked to do so by the installer.

this one gets me every time.

ron35 11:33 21 Oct 04

My LC20 which is no longer supported by Star, and which has worked perfectly for some years, starts printing normally, then after about 12 or so lines have been printed, beeps and starts printing lines from about the middle of the page with the eventual result that the head is jamming at the right edge of the platten.

This is an intermittent fault, and normal test prints can sometimes be made.

Have tried reinstalling printer and drivers, installed printer to another computor with a different cable, checked dipswitches and changed them around and reset to original settings.

This leads me to think the problem is in the printer rather than the computors or cables.

Help highly appreaciated.

Wak 13:34 21 Oct 04

You can still get a WIN95.EXE driver for the LC 20 from Star Micronics.
I have an LC24-200 which works perfectly well with a new driver and Win 98SE.
If you have Win XP it's still worth a try.

ron35 13:06 23 Oct 04

re LC20 I have obtained Star Drivers from the Japan website of Micronics, but have not yet installed. They are earlier versions of my drivers.

I have previously tried drivers from IBM and Epson which are mentioned in the LC20 manual. The printer worked OK with these but the intermittent problem still occurred. In addition on running the Win98 test page the problem occurs, but after running the LC20 short and long self tests the problem went away!!

The printer seems to be working normally now, but after using the printer several times the problem comes back.

The same effect happens on 2 separate computors, using different cables, which I think eliminates the drivers and the printer and cable.

I will try the new drivers from Micronics Japan when the problem occurs again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…