Printer Problems

basell 12:03 16 Apr 04

Connected new camera to the USB port and everything worked perfectly downloaded photos to the hard drive etc.

Reconnected printer Epson 790 to the USB port and the printer wouldn’t print. Removed all the Epson drivers and software and reinstalled it but still the printer will not print. Any help would be appreciated.

hugh-265156 12:38 16 Apr 04

any lights on the printer?

pj123 13:02 16 Apr 04

Why do you need to disconnect the printer to download camera pictures?.

basell 14:47 16 Apr 04

All the correct lights are on the printer as before.

Because I only have two USB’S one is for Broadband and the other I believed was for any other application.

hugh-265156 14:51 16 Apr 04

have you tried the epson support wizard? click printers and follow instructions click here?

also try etalk to get live help from epson click here

basell 16:24 16 Apr 04

hugh-265156 16:25 16 Apr 04

Djohn 16:36 16 Apr 04

If you are re-installing the Epson software don't forget to disconnect your printer from the PC first. Install the software then connect the printer. j.

pj123 16:49 16 Apr 04

Ah, understand. A good option here then is to get a 4 port usb hub. They start from around £6 depending on where you get it. click here

I had the same problem some time ago with my Epson printer and was told by the Epson helpline that I have two options. 1. never switch the printer off (which is what I chose) or 2. always switch the printer on first before the PC. Bearing that in mind it seems that Epson know something about this problem and that's their way round. I must say that since never switching my printer off I have never had any more problems with it.

basell 18:52 16 Apr 04

Thanks for the Epson help page I sent them an
E-mail and have received a reply which I will try tomorrow.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…