printer problems

deviecoops 20:41 24 Aug 03

ive got a lexmark x1150 all in one printer ive loaded the drivers but when i go to use it it comes up wrong port.whitch one do i use?

woodchip 20:53 24 Aug 03

I assume it?s a USB coming up as just LPT1 not as a USB? Did you load the Software before you connected the printer? and what OS are you XP ME or 98

woodchip 21:02 24 Aug 03

By e-mail "its coming up as usb" does that mean that it is a USB printer or a parallel printer. I posted it hear so other can learn from what?s happening

deviecoops 21:14 24 Aug 03

its comming up as parreral port.incorrect port detected?how do i correct this? im runnning win98 se

woodchip 21:33 24 Aug 03

You need to first go to Add Remove Programs and remove software for the printer all of it. then go to Start/Find Files type the name of printer into box remove all with your printer. Now right click on My Computer\Properties\Device Manager go to the bottom and click on the + sign to expand the USB click on each usb starting from the bottom then click on the remove at bottom of box. When you have done all that, remove the USB printer plug from comp and Restart your Comp, Now leave the printer plug out until it's resetup the USB on your computer it will do this automatic have your Printer CD ready, now plug the printer in to the USB with the printer switched on, at which point windows will pop up asking for Win98 disc or something like that, click on the little cross and cancel it, ?DO NOT PUT THE WIN98 DISC IN THE COMP?......Now put the Printer CD in the Comp and load the printer software it should load the correct drivers and you should then have a working printer. All the best Woodchip

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…