Printer problem with XP

JohnC123 21:04 28 Jan 04

I recently upgraded to Windows XP pro- I had ME previously.
My printer is a Lexmark Z52 and I have installed the XP driver for it, however, now it will not allow me to print on both sides of the paper. I followed the help files but can't make it work. I can still print on both sides if I use my laptop which still has ME installed. Any advice will be appreciated.
TIA
John

DieSse 23:01 28 Jan 04

It would be better if you could explain a bit more.

After all, to print on both sides of a sheet of paper requires no software on the face of it - you take it out and replce it upside down to print on the other side - so I guess your problem is more than just this!

JohnC123 09:00 29 Jan 04

DieSe
To explain more - if I want to print a document of - say 30 pages - I can do as you say and print each page individually but the printer has a programme which permits two sided printing, so - in effect - it prints first the odd numbered pages and then tells you to turn them all over, re-insert them, and press OK - it then prints the even numbered pages on the other side. I had no problems before I upgraded (?) to XP, now it's lost the option.
John

DieSse 00:00 30 Jan 04

click here This is what Lexmark say.

click here This is the latest driver.

click here This is how to install the driver.

Sorry but other than perhaps restating things you may have already found, I can't see any references to this problem anywhere.

It may be the XP driver simply doesn't have this option - it wouldn't be the first time I've seen this sort of situation - it's particularly prevalent with older products wher the manufacturer seems uninterested in writing a full function driver.

JohnC123 10:44 04 Feb 04

DieSse
Thanks for your info and apologies for the delay in replying.
I already tried these routes - none seems to make it work, the two sided printing option seems to have disappeared with Windows XP, (like a few other of my programmes. )
I'll sign this one off now.
John

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…