Printer problem - wrong colours

Storik 15:14 15 Mar 06

Operating system Windows XP Home
Multi Device printer Epson Stylus Photo RX600
Same problem with ALL graphics programs.

Have cleaned heads, and printed a test page - which seems ok. - Removed and reseated cartridges - removed and reinstalled software drivers etc. No joy!

Problem:

The printer insists on printing coloured photographs in GREEN - and even greyscale photographs have a green hue.

This is a very sudden problem as the printer was fine when last used a couple of days ago. Any suggestions would be more than welcome - need several photographs printed out for next week.

Help, please?

Storic

PS - Have searched the database - but cannot find this specific problem.

SANTOS7 15:19 15 Mar 06

You say you "Removed and reseated cartridges"it is probably the carts that are the problem a fair test would be to try another..........

€dstowe 15:22 15 Mar 06

Green colorations are usually a sign of the magenta cartridge malfunctioning.

Is it a green cast or is there no trace of red in the print at all?

Regarding the green tinge in black print, most printers use colour to adjust the tone of blacks unless you tell it not to.

woodchip 15:25 15 Mar 06

Did you do a test Windows Test page for all the colours? from Start\Settings\Printers right click your printer \Properties\Print Test Page

woodchip 15:26 15 Mar 06

PS sounds like red not working

€dstowe 15:49 15 Mar 06

Note that it's best not to remove then replace Epson cartridges. That can cause airlocks in the pipework and malfunctioning.

Storik 17:15 15 Mar 06

and that printed four colours at the top - windows icon - was fine.

Printed self test too and that was fine. Printer tools show that all cartridges are three quarters full.

€dstowe: There ARE other colours - mainly black and yellow - but no red at all. The green tinge in the old black and white photographs (greyscale) hasn't happened before. They ARE pretty green! - er the people on the photos look very sea sick!

I'm at a loss to know why it should suddenly do this. :-( - er of course it is now a week out of warranty!

Storic

€dstowe 18:39 15 Mar 06

OK. If you are convinced that the cartridges are working the next thing is to re-install.

I know you said you'd done this but, did you follow the procedure EXACTLY to the letter?

Delete all traces of the printer via Start -> All programs-> Printers & Faxes, highlight the printer and then click on Delete this Printer. Then re-install the software following the instructions precisely as stated in the manual. Epson printers are exceptionally faddy about being installed correctly.

Pidder 18:48 15 Mar 06

Have you looked at "colour management" in Start -> All programs-> Printers & Faxes - properties, may be not set correctly in some way.My stylus 680 is set to "automatic".

Storik 21:20 15 Mar 06

When unistalling the printer the first time around, the actual printer software refused to go quietly and I assumed that Windows uninstall/install programs HAD actually removed it automatically, although it still showed up in programs.

This time around, I uninstalled everything and with the same problem, uninstalled the printer software manually. I then went through programs and removed EVERYTHING that referred to "Epson".

€dstowe: I have reinstalled all the Epson software and the printer is now behaving. Presumably the printer drivers became corrupt somehow - thanks for your help - angel first class wings on their way! :-)

Thanks to all the other folk who responded - your wings too, are on their way. xx

Storic

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…