Printer Problem in WinME

cub 23:02 06 May 04

I've been into System Information again
> after my battle with the printer driver update.
> In the System Summary section I clicked on Components then Problem
> Devices, whereupon there appeared - Device: Communications Port
> [COM2]; PNP Device ID: ACPI\*PNP0501\00000002; Error Code: 12

What does this mean?

woodchip 23:10 06 May 04

Never heard of a printer working on a Com port they work on LPT1 or USB what have you got. What Operating System are you on, and what printer????

woodchip 23:15 06 May 04

Sorry just seen it WinME go to the start button\settings\printers click on add printer and put the discs in that it ask's for when you load the printer some printers need to be swithched on to be recognised. if a box pops up without you doing anything other than switching the computer on cancel it and load the drivers and software through the add printer

woodchip 21:31 08 May 04

Via e-mail

Message I posted came from my friend whose system it is on In the System Summary section I clicked on Components then Problem Devices, whereupon there appeared -(followed by the message I posted) cub

Details
Windows ME Printer is a HP 640CF has a parallel connection and is working fine.

If you Remove the printer from Start\Settings\Printers by right clicking on the HP 640cf printer then remove the HP folder in Explorer and download the latest drivers from click here

it will be a 640c And Install the new drivers it should find the LPT1 as that is what a parallel printer works on if it does not show a LPT1 in Device Manager found at Right Click My Computer\Properties then it means going into the BIOS and enabling it.

If you post hear then others can learn from this problem if there is a susses full outcome

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…